We went back out to the waiting room and sat for nearly an hour before we got into our room. Then sat for another 30 minutes before we saw Dr. Eyen. He spent about 5 minutes with us and went over history and looked in her ears. They are full, but no infection. He gave me the option of waiting and watching or putting tubes in now. I want the tubes. With as much as we will have going on in our life, I don't want to deal with these ear problems and a newborn. I think it might push me over the edge.
So, we sat for another 15 minutes waiting to get our appointment set up. It's April 28th! Seems like a long way away, but it's not that far from now! Allison did well, but was so ready to leave. I just took her to Wendy's and got her some nuggets and fries. The guy taking our order screwed up and "accidentally" gave us a frosty. So, Allie got dessert too!! Of course, I'm eating light so I got a grilled chicken sandwich, ate half the bun and had a side salad instead of fries. Wendy's has great salads and I love that you can substitute that for fries.
Ok, short story made long...Allie is down for a nap and I think I'm going to join her. Kara is going to be here tonight so we can work on Allie's room this weekend. I ordered bedding and we're going to get it painted. So ready to get her moved over. I'm a little nervous, but I think she's ready.
On a separate sad note, Jason's boss, John, passed away early yesterday morning. It was sooner than expected, but I am glad he is resting with Jesus and is no longer in pain. His family is heartbroken. He was such a wonderful man of God. Funny 'til the very end. Loved Jesus and loved his family. He will be missed.
Valerie
2 comments:
I don't blame you at all for getting the tubes now. Would you really want to go wait another 1 1/2 at the doctor with a toddler AND a baby? Not me!
You have to post pics of the room. I know I'll get to see it in person soon enough but I want to see it now. Thank you.
P.S. Good job eating healthy for lunch! Way to go! I'm still eating everything under the sun. Well, sort of.
LOVE the name Andrew James.
I'll pray the tubes work well for Allison. Brings back such memories of the horrible times with ear infections we went through with Wes. The hearing tests, the tubes, etc. Not fun stuff.
Alice
Post a Comment