Friday, April 24, 2009

Potty Trained?

We have been letting Allie play around with the potty for about a month now. She would sit on it and pee, but never really put it together that she should tell me ahead of time. For the last week or so she has been pooping in the potty so she can get a chocolate egg (leftovers from Easter). She hasn't pooped in her diaper in quite a while, but still pees in it. However, I posted about how my mom has unconventional methods for getting Allie to pee in the potty...going naked all day! Well, maybe she finally put it together. Today she wore "big girl panties" and told me several times this morning that "mommy, pee pee's comin' out!" So we would run to the potty and she kept her pants dry all morning. I put her in a diaper to go to Deanna Rose today and lo and behold she kept it dry the whole time. I went to lunch at Chic Filet and she told me three times that she needed to go pee pee. Unbelievable! After her nap she kept her big girl panties dry all afternoon/evening, even with a trip to the park with daddy. So...are we potty trained? Well, today we are! We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Also, Allie has been sleeping in her big girl bed for three nights now. So far she is getting up earlier, but staying in her bed all night. When she wakes up in the morning she calls my name and doesn't try to get out of bed. What a good girl! She has napped the last several days in her crib, just because I'm not willing to give up her 3 hour naps and I'm afraid if I put her in her bed she won't sleep.

On another note, she also got a "big girl haircut." She now has a little bob with bangs. It doesn't look all that great without me curling it under. Her hair is so fine and stringy and it just flips out all over, but when it's curled under it is way cute!!

Allie is growing up! She is still my little girl, but lately she seems sooo big! She is talking more, doing more things, potty training, sleeping in a big girl bed...is she still my baby?? Yes of course!!

Here are some pictures because my dearly beloved husband tells me that people don't care as much about words as they do pictures. He's so supportive!!

Today at Deanna Rose with Katie, Liam and Gavin. She's looking at the baby chicks.

This is the only good shot I have of her new haircut. Not the best picture, but it gives you an idea.

Allie, Liam and Gavin looking at the chicks.

I'd be lying if I said Liam was in a cheerful mood at Deanna Rose. It looks like he's getting ready to smack Allie, but really he was just talking to her. Gavin was his cheerful self!

So, these are the only new pics I have. Jason, I hope you're satisfied!!

Have a great weekend. I'll be at work tomorrow.

Valerie

1 comment:

Alli Jean said...

I love the words...but love the pictures too of course! Big Girl Allie!!! That will be SO nice when little brother arrives!