Allie got her tubes today. We woke her up at 6:15 this morning and got to the surgery center at 6:45 am. We checked in at the front desk, waited about 10 minutes and a nurse took us back for all the pre-op stuff. She didn't have to have a physical or anything, just a blood pressure and oxygen saturation. We answered a few questions and then just had to wait. The anesthesiologist came and talked briefly, and then Dr. Eyen came and talked briefly. Then, a little more waiting. I think they took her back at roughly 8am. We waited literally 5 minutes and Dr. Eyen came out and said everything went well. We waited another 3 minutes and they took us back to see her. She was awake but a bit floppy and just laid her head on my shoulder and asked for a donut and to go home. So, we checked out and walked to our car at 8:30am. We stopped and got her a couple Krispy Kreme and were home by 8:45am. We piddled around for a little bit, let her eat her donut, watch a little Madagascar and went on a walk. But, she was becoming increasingly crabby, and although I'm trying to have all the patience in the world for her right now...I just couldn't take it any more. So, she's down for her nap!
Dr. Eyen said there was some mucous behind each membrane so I'm glad we went ahead with it. I had begun to second guess whether or not we should be doing this. Anyway, I'm hoping she takes a good nap (I might as well) and then Jason's uncle Dave will be here later today. Maybe we'll take her to Deanna Rose or something just to get her out of the house and occupied. She has been so crabby lately I don't know if I can sit at home with her for a long period of time. She is demolishing everything she sees and has learned this new head shaking technique that she must try out every time I ask her to do anything. Really, it's not that cute!
Hope everyone enjoys the weather!!
Valerie
1 comment:
Glad that it went well. Sounds like you have your hands full with her lately!
Post a Comment