Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas...finally!

Well, Christmas was quite overwhelming this year. I worked the weekend before Christmas, then we headed home that Sunday night. We got to the farm around 10:00pm. Allison slept pretty well, which was a blessing. Monday we just hung out with my parents and my sister. Tuesday, Ben and Leah joined us with their kids and we did our Christmas. Let's just say we all made out like bandits. It was a fun year. Mom and dad outdid themselves once again! The following pics are out of order, but these are the three days we stayed at the farm.

My sister, Kara, and brother, Ben, with Jason playing Yahtzee. It was actually quite fun. I scored an amazing 325 in one game, only to have Jason beat it with a 327 the next. Needless to say, I was not happy!
Henry, Allison and Harrison are playing with the carseat box. Why is the box always more exciting?
Harrison and Allie playing in the cupboards at mom and dad's.

Harrison and Allie with my mom.

Just a cute Christmas grin!


So, this is the farm. It was so pretty with all the snow. I took a bunch of pics of the farm, but you don't want to see them all. These are just a few good ones. The one below is Ben and Leah's house in the background (the house I grew up in) and one of the new sheds. I'm taking the pic from mom and dad's house, so you can see how close they live.


Kara and I


Allison got this neat shopping cart from mom and dad. Harrison also got one. It was pretty cute to watch them walk around with it.

Wednesday afternoon we headed back home. Jason's mom, dad and uncle were already at the house. I had to work Thursday and really didn't have any food in the house since we had been gone, so we ended up doing some take out a couple of different times. But we had an awesome week. Mark had to work Friday, so we did our Christmas with them on Saturday. Above is Allison with Debbie (Jason's mom) and below is Allison opening her cabbage patch doll from grandma and grandpa.
We had such a good week with Jason's family. We at entirely too much food and watched entirely too many movies, but it was fun! I worked New Year's Eve, and they also left that day. So now our house is quiet and I'm finally posting. I have a lot of laundry to do and some hard core cleaning, but it will all get done. I need to figure out what I'm doing with school and my work schedule, so there are a lot of changes coming up.


One more fun thing...Allison has started taking some steps. We are not full-blown walking, but it is a fun time in our lives. She's so cute. I still think it will be a few weeks before we're cruising, but we are so close!! Anyway, here she is taking some steps at my parents house.




Happy New Year!!
Valerie

2 comments:

Joyce said...

There is no substitute for time with family. Also, having the little cousins able to play with each other is so fun to watch. We did miss you when we gathered at Grandma and Grandpa's but understand as we all are stretched when working out our schedules with in laws etc. Allie will be walking very soon. Happy New Year.

Alli Jean said...

Oh, what great memories. Keep on saving them! Really missed seeing you and your family but completely understand. Keeping everyone visited and together is a tough job and I think that overall we do pretty well! Hope you are getting rested up from all the hub-bub. It's sometimes hard to get back into a schedule. May 2008 bring many, many more great memories to record!