I want to say thank you so much to all of you that are still following along with our journey. Any one with kids knows that whether you're children are 4 or 45 the journey as a parent never ends. Gabi is no longer with us but our journey as her parents will never end until the day we join her in heaven. So our goal is to continue and be the best parents to Gabi and her memory that we can!
So to everyone following along that is a parent. The next time your child gets on your last nerve. The next time you get frustrated with them being annoying little monkeys. Be thankful that you have that opportunity with your children to experience that particular phase of their lives. Give them their timeout, smack on the tooshy, or take that favorite toy away...then kiss them hug them and smell them as if you need to hold on to that touch, scent, or feeling as if they weren't going to be there tomorrow.
It's funny the older we get we read things like "Live today as if it were your last!" or "Live today as if there was no tomorrow." The crazy thing is no one ever puts a quote out there that says "Parent today as if your child wasn't going to be here tomorrow!" or "If today was the last day of your child's life...how would you spend it with them?" Ok...I'm rambling...haha. In short, love your kids, keep your head up, and love as much as you can today...you may not get to share that love tomorrow!
Jason and Micah, you are my heroes.
The link to their blog is over on the side, or just click on www.gabrielesheridan.blogspot.com.
They have touched so many lives and will continue to make an impact with their big hearts. Gabi will not be forgotten. I only hope that I can love my daughter while I have her in a way that honors Gabi's memory.
They have touched so many lives and will continue to make an impact with their big hearts. Gabi will not be forgotten. I only hope that I can love my daughter while I have her in a way that honors Gabi's memory.
~V~
5 comments:
Very sweet words for such a beautiful angel.
Wow, Valerie. That was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the story of Gabi.
You have no idea how much you have touched our hearts by your kind words. We feel that we are definitely not heros, but just proud parents who want to carry on the memory of our amazing daughter. You and the rest of the PICU gang helped us understand so much. You showed us hope when we lost it and gave us strength when we needed it the most. You all will forever have a very special place in our hearts. Gabi is in a much better place now, but I tell ya it is the hardest thing to accept as a parent who believes the best place for her is to be by our side. We still have so much healing to do, but it defintiely helps to know that there are so many that still think of our angel daily.
Thank you!
HUGS...
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and Baby Kinsley
Thanks for sharing this - I have read through their blog after seeing it on your site. What a story ~
Hope you, Jason and Allie are doing well... We are loving owning a home again!
Valerie,
Thanks for sharing this story about Gabi. What an amazing little girl. I know that the nurses really really are the core support when your child is sick. It takes a very very strong, knowledgeable person to work everyday with sick children. I know that there are nurses I think of back when Riley was sick.. with out them I wouldn't have made it... Their compassion is ...... unbelievable. They have gifts. God gives them those gifts.. So thank you for your gift. I can see what Macah and Jason are saying about PICU and their very special place in their heart for you guys.
Chellie
Post a Comment