Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The weekend...

Jason and I had a busy weekend. Saturday morning, Jason and I made a last minute decision that he was going to drive to Newton (outside Wichita) to visit his grandma's and that I would catch a ride home with my mom and dad who were going to be in KC for a get together with her siblings. We would meet up at my parents house, spend the night and Sunday celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday. Jason had to scurry around and get Allison all packed up while I was at work...but he made it without any major mishaps.
This is a pic of Jason's grandma (mom's mom) at her house in Newton. She had a great time with Allison. She's only seen her about 3 or 4 times since she's been born so it was a nice visit.

He went to his grandma Froelich's afterwards, but she had a cold and didn't want to get Allison sick. So, no pics!

Sunday afternoon we had a party for Harrison at my brother and sister-in-laws house. It was a lot of fun and there were so many people there.

Harrison took a nap right after lunch and when he woke up we did presents and cake. Big brother Henry helped him blow out the candle on his cow cake. It was a really cute cake, Leah did a good job!
Allison loves dessert of any kind...the more sugar the better. She was loving the cow cake!
Henry and Allie sat at a little table together. It was really cute!This is my grandma Giger (dad's mom). She loves to hold Allison. Grandpa is in the background there.


And of course...Auntie K. Kara loves her niece and nephews and it is so fun to watch her with Allie. She actually reached for my sister when I was holding her...pretty cute!

~V~

3 comments:

Alli Jean said...

Awhhhh, cute pictures all around. Looks like another great family time. Happy birthday Harrison!

Joyce said...

What great pictures, Valerie. Your grandma said there were quite a few people at Harrison's party. Wow is all I have to say about Leah. That was a terrific cow cake. I'm very proud of my nieces and nephews. You all are doing wonderful jobs raising your families. Grandma does love her great grandchildren, doesn't she? You had a busy busy weekend. Thanks for sharing.

chellie said...

Valerie,

Thanks for the updates.. Its so fun to see the rest of the cousins and their kids special days.. I can't believe how big the "babies" are getting. Allison is so CUTE! I love to see the pictures of grandma & grandpa with the grandbabies... They love them soo much!

Chellie