Monday, June 22, 2009

So much has happened!

I promise some pictures later, but we had a busy last four days. Chris and Tiffany Sanders visited Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We had a great time! The kids played well together and we picked up where we left off. The Sanders are great friends of ours who headed to Fargo, ND a couple years ago where Chris is stationed with the FBI. They have three kids, Charlie (5yo), Kaitlin (3yo) and Caleb (18mo). After they left Saturday, we headed to the farm for Henry's birthday and Father's day. Allison had so much fun playing with her cousins. She LOVES Henry and Harrison. It's so cute to hear her say their names and get excited. Sunday we went to a water park in Emporia. Allie and Jason swam. I'm not 6 weeks out yet so technically I'm not supposed to swim. So, I put Andrew in his Bjorn and walked around with him taking pictures and wading to keep cool. I have a really funky tan line though!

We had Henry's birthday party Sunday night and didn't leave the farm until 9:30pm. So we didn't get back until late. Today was a day to catch up on some sleep and cleaning. I have been going to the gym in the mornings. I drop Allie off at child care and strap Andrew into the Bjorn and walk or do the eliptical. It's nice to get out and I'm hoping to lose the weight quicker this time even though everyone tells me it's harder. I didn't really try very hard with Allie though, so I'm hoping if I work that maybe I'll do better. 

One bit of news. We interviewed a lady who has an in-home preschool close to our house. Long story short, I found her a year ago and put Allie on the waiting list. She called us a few weeks back and thought she might have a spot for Allie. We went to her house last week and spent a couple hours talking and letting Allie get a feel for it. It seemed like an amazing fit for her and us. Leah is great. She personalizes curriculum for each of her kids and on average, each child that leaves for kindergarten is already reading at a first or second grade level. It's not that we want Allie to be an over achiever by itself, but we do want her to be challenged and have fun doing it. Well, Leah called us today and Allie got the spot...she starts NEXT WEEK! AAGH! I was excited to have her home with me this summer, but believe me when I say that I want this for her, not for me. She needs some social interaction and needs to be challenged. She will go every Tuesday and Thursday all day and then starting in the fall will go Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. It's relatively inexpensive as far as preschools go and we are really excited for this opportunity for her. I think she'll love it. And, it doesn't hurt that I'll have time to study for boards and finally get a leg up on everything that needs to be around her as well as spend some quality time with my little man.

Speaking of Andrew...he is awesome. He's a good boy and sleeps and eats well. However, he spits up ALL THE TIME!! Not just after he eats, but multiple times even hours after a feed. It is starting to get worse and appears that it is bothering him more than it used to. He is getting a little more fussy and grunty and then urps. I have his 1 month appointment on Friday and I'm going to ask about putting him on some anti-reflux medications. He is clearly eating plenty and growing, but this is getting rediculous...and worse. 

OK, I promise pics from the weekend later. 

Hope you all had a great Monday!

Valerie

No comments: