Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big girl!

Allie started preschool today! Drop off is at 8:30am and of course she was up by 6:30. That's getting a little annoying, but oh well. She was super excited and didn't even flinch when I dropped her off. I picked her up a little before 4:30. Leah said she did awesome! At first the other kids treated her a little like a baby because she's younger and small. One kid even said, "hey, she talks!" Leah said, "of course she can talk, she's a big girl!" Super funny! Leah said she asked a TON of questions...yup, that sounds about right! She had a great day. She played well, practiced her lines and circles, sorted some markers, put together some puzzles, ate a great lunch, took a nap and listened really well!

I'm so glad she is going. I can honestly say that this is all for her. She needs more than I can give her right now. She is ready for learning and growing and interacting and socializing with way more structure than she has at home. I'm really excited for her and I love Leah! She does such a great job.

So today was my first day with just Andrew (all day anyway). So, I did some minor cleaning, finished my announcements, showered, ate lunch, took a nap and opened my book to start studying for boards...I opened it...didn't get far!

Andrew is great. He throws up all the time. I don't say spit up...that would be putting it way too mildly! He THROWS up! I do a ton of laundry, but he's happy. We started him on some Zantac, but so far it isn't helping. He weighed 11 lb, 1 oz at his one month appointment. That is almost a pound a week since discharge from the hospital! He's such a cutie! He's sleeping for about 5 hours once at night, so really only wakes up once...of course I'm getting up at 6am so I'm not terribly rested!

Here's some pics!


Feeding the baby goats at Deanna Rose.

Debbie and Dana were in town for a few days to help me out since Jason was out of town. So appreciated! They love their grandkids!


Allison loves to spray the hose in the back yard. We can do this for hours! I bought her a little blow-up pool today and she has so much fun!

Loves to be outside!

These are my announcements I made. I think they turned out really well! They were so much work though, so there are a lot of people who will not be getting one. I'm sorry to all my cousins...there's just too many of you!




No comments: