Thursday, May 28, 2009

Andrew James...just pictures

I will post my delivery story later, but I just wanted to get some pics out there before I forgot. Of course, we have taken quite a few (although not as many as Allie...the first always gets the most). A lot of these are on facebook so most of you will have seen them, but here are the basics!

Leaving for the hospital bright and early!

Hanging out in my hospital bed totally numb from the waist down!

Right after he was delivered. He hasn't even been cleaned.

Hi mom!

Proud daddy!

My two kids! 

Sooo much love for baby brother!


The infamous mohawk!

Grammy Giger

Grandpa Froelich

Grandma Froelich

Very proud grandparents!

Proud Grammy and Papa Giger!

Giger family photo!

It's hard to capture his cute little personality on camera. I will try and get some video of him soon. He is just the cutest little guy!

Going home! Katie, if you read this, he wore your outfit for about 2.5 seconds before he barfed on it. Don't worry, it came clean! He's been in sleepers ever since!

Home at last. Not the best of Allie, but the most I could expect out of my mom who apparently doesn't know how to operate a camera! God love her!

Ok, more to come another day. We are doing well. Nursing is going as well as can be expected. It's a painful beginning process, but a necessary one. We have our first doctor's appointment tomorrow. Mom has been helping out with some cooking and cleaning and general distraction of the overly loving toddler. Definitely not safe to leave her in a room with him. She will literally kill him with her love!

Valerie


8 comments:

Kara said...

I'm not in the Giger family picture *sob!! He is so cute though!

Alli Jean said...

I really love the pictures. I'd love to add your Giger family photo to my fridge collection. It's great. Wonder if I can get it from your blog...? He is adorable and looks so big. Not a newborn look, perhaps its the hair but he is so filled out! Great Job Val & Jason (and God of course!)

katherine said...

What a lucky little guy to have such a loving older sister. If Anna needs to be watched with a little one, it may not be because of fear of smothering with her love. I'm hoping she'll come around. Lord willing, she still has 4 months to adjust to the idea.

By the way, really, how long is your birth story going to take to type up? "I went to the hospital, got hooked up, dilated really fast, pushed for ten minutes and had a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Basically, when it comes to labor, everyone wishes they were me." There. That about sums it up. =) Love you, friend!

From the Dotte said...

Cute family pic, and you look great Val. Andrew and Allison are beautiful. Congratulations Froelich family!

Katie said...

Val- He has already changed so much in those last few from the day I met him! I love that he barfed on his cute hippos (and that it came clean)

Sarah Guild said...

Congratulations! I understand the smothering with love phenomena. It really doesn't change much nor would I wish it to. Jonathan asks for Caleb immediately upon getting up in the morning.

Kristen said...

What a CUTIE! i love these pictures. such a sweet family you are :)
hope to see you guys soon.

Joyce said...

What a darling little guy. Love the family photo. I too would like a copy to put on my bulletin board in the hall way. You guys are amazing.