Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What we do with our days!

I have been off clinicals for a month now and haven't worked in almost 3 weeks. So, besides being pregnant, how am I spending my time? I know you have been wondering, so wait no longer...I will answer all your questions!!

Allie has been waking up between 7 and 7:30 am. I drag myself out of bed, dress very sloppily, and head down for breakfast. I usually put on Mickey or Nemo and let Allie settle in for an bit of cartoons so I can wake up. Usually involves checking email, facebook and blogs coupled with a pot of coffee. Fascinating so far isn't it!!

We are usually done with our morning routine around 8:30 am and looking for the next thing. It varies between Deanna Rose, a park somewhere (have to mix it up), or hanging out with whichever friend will either crash here or let me crash there. Sometime around 11 am we head to a store of some sort. Target is the preferred destination, although lately I've been liking Aldi's or Costco. 

The shopping thing is changing though, as Jason and I sat down and hammered out a very basic budget. We didn't get into a lot of specifics, just set amounts for groceries, household items and eating out. We're one week into it, and so far so good!

After a little shopping, we head home and try to find something to eat. Sometimes we'll hit up Wendy's and get some cheap nuggets, or, like today, go somewhere like Target where I had a coupon for a combo meal. Comes with a ton of food. A personal pizza, three breadsticks and a drink. Not the most healthy, but cheap...and well within the budget!!

Allie goes down sometime around 1:30. Any sooner and she's up too early for me to handle before Jason gets home. She's been sleeping around 3 hours, so that puts her up around 4:30 pm, at which time it's fruit snacks and another short episode of Mickey Mouse. By then she's awake enough to play at the counter while I cook dinner. Jason usually gets home between 5:30 and 6 pm. Time for dinner, and filling time before bath and bed around 8:30 or 9 pm. Sometimes Jason takes her to various stores at Town Center so she can ride the escalators. What a great way for her to burn some energy!!

We get an hour or two to ourselves...which usually involves TV or some basic clean up. Nothing special. That's for my mom when she comes to help after the baby!!

Anyway, that's a day in the life of me! Thanks for asking!!

As for getting ready for the baby...there's not much left.

The car seat is installed, the pack 'n play is set up with the diaper changing station downstairs, the bassinet is set up, the nursery is complete, the diapers are bought, the burp clothes are washed, the onesies and sleepers are washed, the bottles are washed, the breast pump is set up...seriously, there's not much left. Just waiting for the inevitable! It's starting to look like I'll be induced. Regardless of the fact that I'm dilated with a baby about falling out of me, my body is showing no other signs that it's going to go into labor any time soon. Yes, I realize that a normal gestation is 40 weeks, but try telling that to my body. I've been dilated to at least a 3 since 34 weeks. I know I was spoiled with Allie's delivery, and maybe this is my way of experiencing what other women have, but this is my life, my body, and my discomfort!

Ok, enough words...it's been too many! Here are some pictures!


Allie and I eating popsicles last night. We bribe a lot for eating, and these popsicles are sugar free. Our effort at keeping her healthy!!
At Deanna Rose this morning, eating yet another popsicle. This one was not sugar free!

Allie and I ran into Katherine and Anna at Deanna Rose. They were there with their play group and I tagged along for a while. Anna and Allie really like each other. They always play along when we ask them to either hug or hold hands! Super cute!! After this they walked around the farmstead holding each others hands. I failed to get pictures of that. 

Ok, so far it's a good day! Now, off to nap!!

Valerie


1 comment:

katherine said...

We'd always be happy to hang out. I know that baby is going to come soon!