Sunday, April 27, 2008

Twice in one weekend

Jason got home safely yesterday. For those who don't know, he was in the Netherlands for 2 weeks. It sucked having him gone, but I'm just glad he's back and school is almost over. Yesterday, Jason's brother Mark came over and took us out to lunch. He paid, and I told him that I would pay for Deanna Rose. Silly me, I didn't know Deanna Rose was free! Mark, I'll get you next time!! So, we walked around and looked at the animals. Allison had a good time and got good and worn out.

The goats were the first thing we saw. She was a little leary, but eventually loosened up.

This is the KU hat Mark got her last summer. It finally fits, and she'll wear it for a short time. She's pretty dang cute in it.

Then today, Jason and I were sitting around the house and the weather was decent so we took Allison to Deanna Rose again. Hey, it's free and really close to our house. She wasn't as interested and we thought it was because she was tired. We took her home to take an afternoon nap, but like the last week, she laid in her crib and half talked, half cried for an hour and a half. Oh well.

She did find this fake cow very interesting. I must say that growing up on a farm it's hard to take my child to a "farm" where everything is so "Johnson County," but Allison likes the animals, and these are actually animals she knows, and knows the sounds for.

These little bucket calves are cute. They remind me of mine when I was growing up.

Still wasn't so sure of the goats.



Hope you all had a great weekend!
~V~

5 comments:

Alli Jean said...

Glad Jason is back safely. Those days with daddy traveling are kind of tough! I remember them well!!! Hang in there Val. I love that farm... growing up there is something I'd never, ever replace with any other situation. And that love grows with the years. Alli will love it too as she will have weekends and vacations to be there and love it as you do.

katherine said...

So you must be from the country with her all dressed up in overalls like that...

Ok, now I'm going to bed. I'll have a full house tomorrow.

Dane said...

Dude...GOATS...are you freakin kidding me? Have you not learned anything from Liam? I was scared looking a the pictures.

Dane said...

PS- In the pic with Allie in the goat pen surrounded by two goats... that large brown and white one is THE GOAT that got my Liam.

From the Dotte said...

Ditto! What Katie said.