Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Joys of Eating

So Allison actually ate last night. She had an entire stick of string cheese, a whole piece of toast, and a whole bunch of pasta and spaghetti sauce with meatballs! I'm so ready for meals to not be a battle. I know that she is growing and healthy and she'll eat when she's hungry...but I waste sooo much food trying to get her to eat.


Today she fed herself an entire thing of peach yogurt. She was pretty messy, but seemed to enjoy herself. Hey, at least she's eating!
We're plugging along here. Weather is warmer so I'm ready to go outside more with Allie. I only have 2 more days of clinical...yeah!!

~V~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the eating thing... J was sick last week and didn't eat for 5 days. He isn't terribly picky - he just doesn't eat much some days. They both seem to be doing just fine :+)

katherine said...

Anna likes to think she can feed herself as well. But my child is not exactly coordinated. Whatever was on the spoon is just as likely to end up on the window behind her highchair as in her mouth. The wasted food drives me nuts, but the messes are just a fun part of this stage in my mind.