My friend Hillary called me on Monday and said that some girls from work were going to the zoo for the afternoon. At first I thought they were crazy. I thought it was cold out. But, we went anyway. I ended up walking around the zoo in a T-shirt, and Allie didn't wear a jacket. It was nearly 70 degrees...in February!!! Anyway, Allie seemed to enjoy it. She's walking more every day, and she liked the Discovery Barn (it's an indoor play area that has a few animals behind glass). She ran around and looked at the mere cats and parrots. It was a good day.
Otherwise, life is as crazy as ever. I am occasionally feeling very overwhelmed. Especially since I found out yesterday that I have to renew my trauma certification at the end of February. They only gave me about 3 weeks notice, and I have to go Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday all day for these trauma updates. Not to mention the fact that I'm working the Saturday and Sunday before, and Jason will be out of town all week. Not only does it mess up child care, but I have to figure out when I'm going to do clinicals that week as I'm already nervous about getting enough hours. I have decided that figuring out child care is my least favorite thing ever!! My friend Rivers watched Allison on Tuesday so I could go to clinical. Anna has been sick with RSV and a GI bug, so Katherine didn't watch her as she normally would have. I hope she's feeling better soon...they've had a rough go! Anyway, I'm grateful for friends stepping up to help. Jason's brother is off the month of Feb. and he's going to try and watch Allie a few days, plus my mom can always come up on occasion, and Jason's parents are coming in on a 4 day weekend to allow me to do some catch-up clinicals. But there is just so much reading, so many papers, so many clinical hours and things to learn, on top of working a few days a week and trying to keep up with the house. That has been the first thing to go...the house. My mom told me the other day that it really wasn't that bad, and I know that it's ok, but I like things picked up and clean...and lately the kitchen has suffered along with our bedrooms from all the laundry piling up. I need to get more organized, but honestly, I'm so tired lately that I just don't feel like it. So, if anyone knows of someone who would like to come be my personal housekeeper (for free of course) that would be fabulous!!
We really are doing good around here...just a little stressed now and then. But it keeps us on our toes! I thought about whether or not I was ready for another child...and I can honestly say that getting pregnant right now is the last thing on my mind. God will tell us when the time is right! If you want to be praying for us...pray for quality time for Jason and I, and whether or not we should consider down-sizing to another house or apartment so I can cut out more work (potentially) and save more money. We are absolutely fine financially right now, but it would be one less stress. Plus, 2009 will be a big year with me graduating, and if we are going to leave KC anyway, moving now would allow us to save some money. We really haven't talked about it much at all, but Jason did bring it up the other day. I've shoved it to the back of my mind, as the thought of fixing all the things that need fixed, and packing this beast is absolutely unbearable!! But, pray for God's guidance as I am learning that ultimately that He is the only one who can sustain us!
Thanks for reading this whole thing. Have a great day!!
Valerie
6 comments:
Ok, that post was really not about the zoo. =) Your life sounds really crazy right now. I've been too busy feeling sorry for me to notice that you're dealing with soooo much right now. Anna is on the mend so I hope I can help out.
Love to all three of you!
You're right...not really about the zoo! I didn't think I was going to go into my whole life when I started the post, but I just started typing, and once I start...I can't stop!!!
Val, sounds like you have your plate full. And yet, you still find time to take care of the important things...like teaching about "good Jayhawks" and "bad Tigers!" What a cute video. Isn't it wonderful that your mom can have as much time as she does being grandma?
Will keep you and all your activities in our prayers. And you need to remember something that your great-grandma Giger once said, "God didn't put me on this earth to keep one little corner of it clean!" That has practically become my mantra... God bless you all.
Val life will get crazier!!! The more kids the crazier! But a good crazy! Yes, just pray pray and God will lead you! You are doing the right thing and seem to be so sensible about all of your life's goings! Aunt Debbie I love your Mantra! I had no idea GG GIGER said that. I am going to remember that too!
Chellie
OH PS Ali is adorable! I love the age of 12 - 36 months its sooo fun!
Chel
Thanks for all the good words of encouragement. I love great-grandma's quote Debbie, thank you for that!! And Chellie, I know it only continues from here...I'm just waiting for that magical day when I feel in control!! Does that ever really happen? Things are going steady here...we're just plugging along. Allison is doing great which at this point is my main concern!
Post a Comment