After I posted my adventures last night, I casually walked back to the room and noticed the door opened. Yup, there was my son, happy as a jay bird, standing in his crib, his pacifier and blanket thrown on the floor, laughing and giggling like he'd drank too much wine. Seriously kid. He was soooo happy...laughing at nothing in particular. Unfortunately, momma was tired, so it wasn't so funny to me. I rocked him for 45 minutes and finally gave up and put him in bed. After a couple swats on the butt to tell him I meant business, he finally fell asleep around 10:30pm, only to be woken back up at 11:45 to eat.
Little guy was so sweet. I held him on my lap and put the straw in his mouth and he just started sucking. Went right back to sleep...only to be woken back up at 3:45 am. This one was a little rough. He ate well, but had a hard time going back to sleep. Finally did, and the nurse aid came and changed his diaper...at 4:30 am! Why? Not sure. He was wide awake. I finally got him back to sleep and sure enough, the little nurse aid came back to check his vital signs. Again, why could this not have all been done at the same time?? Not sure. He was happy once again. Sitting up in bed laughing. Finally, after a few more swats on the butt, he went back to sleep...only to be woken back up at 6:45 am.
I fed him, ran home, let Jason go the hospital, showered, got my other sleepy head up for preschool, and headed to work. I'm surviving off caffeine and jelly bellys right now. So far it's working for me. Jason got home with Andrew around 10:45. He was sleeping when I called. So jealous. Not sure who this was harder on...him or me. Seriously...he had a great time it seems. I most definitely do not want to do that again...ever...
Valerie
2 comments:
You need a cold chocolate caramel coffee drink from our Java City. They are yummy and boy do they wake you up. Holler next time and I'll bring you one. Glad that Andrew seem unphased by all the tests and procedures. Little stinker.
Holy cow. Well eat a jelly bean for me. I thought I was sleepy this morning! Glad to hear he (but more so you) survived! Love you.
Post a Comment