Sometimes I wonder if that's how we sound to God...constantly upset with what we are given. We can say we have excuses for being miserable...Allison's is that she has a fever. However, just because she has a fever doesn't mean she gets to hit and kick me (which she did several times today), and it doesn't mean that we get to whine and complain about the hand we are dealt. Anyway, that's just an analogy that hit me on the spot :) I write as I think!!
So, we are waiting for this antibiotic to kick in, and if it doesn't, I guess we say it's viral and then cross our fingers that it doesn't last up to 3 weeks like some viruses can. I keep asking myself what advice I would give a parent who came into my clinic with the same story. This is a gentle reminder not to take parental concerns lightly. Even if the child looks well, and Allison does, it doesn't mean that life at home is great. Anything I can do (within reason) to help parents out when they have a sick kid can make a world of difference. Life is all about perspective man!!
Other than that, we're all surviving. Jason is hoping that someone can be hired soon to help him out with some of the work that needs to be done. Of course he is more than willing to pick up the slack as there have been some tragic things happen in this company. Jason's boss is still out. It is confirmed that he has lung cancer, but not definitive on what exact type, which makes treatment options and prognosis iffy. He's hoping to get more information in the near future. James, the owner of the company, just lost his father to a tragic head injury, so there is stress all the way around. Jason has been pulling late nights still. Sometimes he goes all night, sometimes he comes home around 3 or 4am. He does come home for dinner and plays with Allie and puts her to bed, then takes off again. For anyone familiar with Garth Brooks, there's a song he sings about a truck driver who comes and goes. Of course, in the song the wife has an affair and the husband catches her and runs her and her lover down with a semi (don't you just love country music!!), but my reality is I get a few hours to myself to clean, do homework, or veg out in front of the TV before I go to bed. It's hard not having him here, but my life is busy enough that sometimes I don't even notice.
I don't have pictures today, but I'll try to get some more posted soon. We really haven't been anywhere for any good photo ops, and Allie hasn't felt like posing lately!! So, hope everyone else is healthy and enjoying their week. We are headed to the farm this weekend to celebrate my sister, brother and mom's birthdays as they are all within a couple weeks of each other. I should have pictures then.
Valerie
1 comment:
I remember Chellie being sick at about Allie's age. At that time, we lived in Osawatomie and went to a GP that hadn't read updated medical journals for 30 yrs. She got so sick and emaciated that she looked like a child from a 3rd world country that was starving. He didn't realize how sick she was and kept telling me not to worry. Thankfully he did provide antibiotics eventually. You will be good with parents because you can relate and care. You are blessed with a darling little girl and she will be fine. The "well" Allie will be back soon. Hang in there. Love to everyone.
Post a Comment