Friday, October 3, 2008

Still here...and still no pics

We're surviving. Somehow it's all getting done. Allie has a pretty bad cold right now. She also got her flu shot today so I'm sure she'll be in rare form for Jason tomorrow. She didn't even cry when she got the shot. She just looked at me with this little shocked expression and said "owie!" Then, the rest of the night she kept hitting her left thigh and telling daddy, "owie." She's been in a great mood lately, but today she was a little off with the cold.

I read a book last night and finished it today. Don't worry, I'm not spending precious homework hours on mindless pleasure...it only took me a couple hours to read. It was a book by Mitch Albom called The Five People You Meet in Heaven. If you haven't read it, you absolutely must. I was crying by the end of it. It is an amazingly touching tale of an old man who dies in his 80's and meets the five people who help explain his life in heaven. They are people he has either met, or been influenced by, and it is so neat to see how each person reveals a little more to the story so that by the end he feels complete. I'm not sure that it is theologically sound :) but it is a good story nonetheless. 

Anyway, I hope you all are enjoying the weather. I work tomorrow and hopefully will find some time to post some new pics soon.

Val

No comments: