These are not the best pictures. I waited until late in the day and there was very little natural light left. But that's not important. What is important is that our little guy is 10 months old! Time has really flown, and yet it seems like he's been with us forever!
Isaac is crawling everywhere with a speed that baffles me. I didn't realize how unsafe our house was until the last month when every time I turn around he's opening a cabinet, crawling through an open door, or (only once) falling down the basement stairs.
Just the other day I went into the kitchen leaving him in the living room. Literally 45 seconds later I come around the corner, and since I couldn't see him, I assumed he had crawled into the other room. Nope, he was at the top of the stairs! What!? I didn't even know he could climb stairs!! He was incredibly happy and proud of himself in that moment. Jason and I, on the other hand, were not so thrilled. Baby gate is up!
He's not much of a talker. Oh, he's loud, but the babbling isn't really happening. I remember Allison had said her first words by now. I realize that she was an early talker, but he most definitely is on the later end. It could be that he's just the third and has nothing to say. It could be that I don't spend enough one on one time talking with him. Or it could be that he's been working so diligently on his motor skills that he just doesn't have time for talking. Either way, some days it bothers me, and some days I figure it will all work out.
He's still sleeping good. Still wakes up around 5:30 or 6 am, takes a bottle and sleeps until around 7:30. He's not eating a ton of food yet. I thought that maybe God had blessed us with a kid that would eat, since early on it seemed that he would put nearly any food in his mouth. However, one day in the last month he figured out he can spit out food. And now everything gets spit out. He does take a sippy cup pretty well, so hopefully when the time comes, we can just cold-turkey the bottle and he'll discover he's hungry. He's hit and miss on baby food. Loves his carbs! Toast, crackers, Kix, Cheerios...
I tried avacado the other day. No way! Pieces of peas, cooked carrots, peaches, pears, strawberries, bananas...nope. But put a cracker in front of him and he's a happy camper. Oh, and potatoes. In any form. Fries, tator tots, mashed...
And yes, I realize that if I never give him things like that he won't know the difference. But I think at this point it's just a hill I want to die on. The other kids were not good eaters and they're all perfectly healthy. He is a Froelich after all!
This little man is very loved! His smile, the way he raises his brow when he's excited about something, the constant soaked shirt from the teeth coming in, even the incredibly snotty nose he has right now...love it all.




No comments:
Post a Comment