Monday, August 27, 2012

Isaac 9 months

I didn't get around to posting about Isaac at 8 months, so here's an update on the last 2 months. 


As you can see, the biggest transition is that he learned to crawl. He is EVERYWHERE now. It seems that I have forgotten how mobile these children can be. And of course, he has the attention span of a gnat and moves from one thing to the next without a seconds thought. 



He is sleeping decent. Around 8 months he started sleeping through the night nearly every night. He still woke occasionally around 6am, took a bottle, and went back down. Over the last month, that has become more normal. This morning, for instance, he was up at 5:30am, took a bottle, and after 30 minutes of talking/squawking, he went back to sleep until 7:45am. He is eating better. Although I will say that he prefers to either feed himself, or eat off my fork whatever I'm having for dinner. Last night he nearly ate his weight in mashed potatoes and pulled pork (small bits mixed up in the potatoes). He does pretty well with the sippy cup, and Jason commented the other day that he thinks Isaac will be the easiest to get off the bottle.

Speaking of bottle...I still cannot really feed him anywhere else but in his rocking chair in his room, with the noise maker on, the door shut, and the rest of the house quiet. One little sound of his brother, sister, neighbor, dog outside...and it's over. He doesn't seem to be hurting for food, but man, sometimes getting the bottles down him can be rough!

He is a squawker for sure! He can get LOUD if he feels like he's being ignored. He's still pretty happy for the most part. I think crawling has helped him stay content. However, crawling has also gotten him into a lot of trouble, so maybe it has increased his screeching (as things get torn from his slobbery grasp!).

With Allison in school all day 5 days a week, and Andrew in school all day 3 days a week, I finally get some one on one time with Isaac. Although most days I feel like I'm dragging him all over town getting my errands done!! He is a joy to have around, and Jason and I are so excited to see how God continues to grow him!!

No comments: