Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Baby has a Baby!

My sister went into labor a little early. Good for me (not speaking for her!). Her water broke on a Thursday night, late, and I was able to leave Friday morning thanks to some help from some friends with watching the kids. My parents picked me up and we got to Nashville around 6pm. We thought we'd walk into a room and hold a new baby - but alas, little Audrey took her sweet time. She wasn't born until 11pm. We saw her briefly, then headed to the Phillip home to rest. 

We spent all day Saturday holding little Audrew Meredyth Phillip. She is precious!! I just love her and I'm so sad that I can't see her every day!

Grammy's turn first!


Being on the outside is so hard!

Almost makes me want another one...almost...

Sweet Mama!


Grumpy face!

Papa!

Daddy!

Yay! Eyes open!




Beautiful family!

It was hard to leave on Sunday morning. Audrey is doing great. Eating all the time. Kara is hanging in there - struggling with all the normal newborn things, but taking it all in stride.

Audrey, I wish I could be there to squish your little cheeks and kiss you every day. Be good to your mama. She's away from family. So glad you are here and can't wait to hold you again!
Auntie Val!

1 comment:

Kara said...

im soooo glad yoh were there. i love you and hate i sm so far away.