Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kansas City Arboretum

I'm really sad that I haven't discovered the Arboretum sooner. It's off 179th and 69 Hwy. It's a huge garden that beautifully landscaped with tons of places for the kids to stop and play. There's even a children's garden halfway back that is super cute. Best part? It's free!!! What? It's open every day of the week, even through the winter (only closed Christmas day). It closes at 5pm starting Oct. 1st, but otherwise, it's always open a ready for you!

We didn't have a plan. Just grabbed a map and started walking. I could have spent hours here with the kids. We definitely will be going back to take in the other half!

Little rock amphitheater built around a cute pond. The kids ran on the rocks until I made them move on.

Whoops! Careful!

Cute action shot!
Andrew had way more fun that he is showing in this picture :)

Looking at "fish" according to Andrew, and "no Andrew, they're tadpoles" according to Allison.

I really cannot get enough of watching my kids together. They are turning into great friends.

Wood bridge across the pond stocked with Koi.

Andrew yelled, "Look mom! Fish!" as loud as possible and over and over and over...

What a ham!

We found a little rock bridge over a stream...and that's where we stayed for the next hour!


Collecting sticks to drop on one side and watch for them over the other.


How does she sit like that!??

We eventually found our way to the Children's garden. There was a fun painted rock path winding through some tall brome grass.


The next pictures are the many faces of Allison as we tried to get some good smiles!

Posed smile. Not too bad.

Sad face

Kissy face

Kissy face while trying not to smile!

Hmm...we really like the kissy face

There we go! That's my girl!

This is my last week of work. I'm off for the first time starting next week not counting 2 rounds of maternity leave. I'm watching a little girl Allison goes to preschool with for 4 of those days as their teacher is taking vacation. I think we'll head back to the Arboretum at least one of those. Allison is definitely looking forward to playing with her good friend Kate.

1 comment:

Kara said...

SO GLAD they're friends :) Great day! Thanks for the darling pictures. Sure miss you all!