Jason and I spent Labor Day weekend in Beaver Creek, CO for a celebration of our 10 year wedding anniversary. I remember that for our 5 year anniversary, we stayed in Keystone, CO for a weekend when I was also 7 months pregnant. Go figure. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time hanging out and reconnecting after some very hectic weeks. Since we've been back, the craziness is back to full swing, and Jason's life will only get crazier as he begins the final push with school, heads to China the last 10 days of October, writes his 50 page final, have a baby in November and graduate in December. Whew...I'm already tired.
I didn't take my big camera with us, so I captured most of the pictures on my phone. I transferred a few to instagram (an app on the iPhone).
Took several walks on a road trip to Aspen for the day.
Yes, it's a rock. But it also has some pretty flowers around it :)
Man, those were really busy beavers!
There is nothing I like better than the rushing or trickling water in the rocky springs of Colorado.
Jason, checking it all out
Heading back to Beaver Creek with the sun behind us made for some awesome pictures!
And this is why they call it Aspen
So great!
Yes, this is me hiding amongst the Aspen trees.
Even the side of the road is beautiful
Independence Pass. The best we could do.
Not very blended in this time around.
Love, love, love it!
Again, as good as we could do
Little alcove near the Beaver Creek village square where we sat on a bench and talked about where we've been, where we are, and goals for our family. Great times!
It was hard to come back. The kids did great with Jason's parents. They definitely missed us, and we missed them. But, since we've been back it's been non-stop work, meetings, and trying to get caught up on everything we put off before we left. Ugh...
On a side note...I inherited a really nice sewing table from Jason's grandma. I'll be doing a post soon about the different sewing projects I'm working on, and maybe show some pictures of a sewing room all to myself that I'm planning on setting up in the basement...someday...
2 comments:
Sounds like a lovely getaway - you deserve it!
Beautiful. Why did you come back? jk
Post a Comment