Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More to come...

There was a day when I blogged a couple times a week. These days, it looks like I'm lucky to get in once a month. I wish it meant that there was less to talk about, meaning we were less busy. But alas, that is most definitely not the case.

I will give a brief run down of the weekend's festivities - hopefully to be followed up with some pictures in the next few days...when I get a nap.

I worked Friday morning and ran home to get some things ready for Jason's aunt and uncle who were passing through on their way to visit their parents. They came over early afternoon and we had a nice dinner and visit, packed the kids up, and headed to the airport to pick up my sister and her husband from KCI. Of course, their flight was delayed, and we didn't get on the road until after 9:30pm. The kids did well and fell asleep not long down the road...as did I :)

Saturday morning, I got up and started making cupcakes with my sister and sister-in-law. Kara made it through frosting about 15 cupcakes and decided she would be a bigger help watching the kids. Leah and I finished up (pictures to come). Andrew opened a few presents and we ate a big lunch (delicious smoked chicken) and had cupcakes.

Naps for all, then just hanging out. We took the kids into Cottonwood Falls to my family's church where they have a huge gym for the kids to play. They ran off some steam, had some baths and headed to bed.

Sunday was nuts. There's no way around it.

My grandpa is turning 90 in August so we decided to invite all of his family in the near vicinity to a birthday bash. Roughly 40 adults and 15 kids. It was so windy that no one could eat outside. So, we packed like sardines in my parents house and ate more food than we should have. You had to roll us out the door. Come dinner time, no one was really hungry, but of course we ate some more. The kids did great. Tire swinging, rock throwing and bike riding!!!

Monday was about the same. Some family was still in town. We hung out for the morning, had a big lunch, and finally got a nap in. We headed back Monday night, threw the kids in the bath and fell into exhausted heaps on the bed. I got up at 5:15 am to take Matt and Kara to the airport...then headed to work. And here I am - supposedly working, but catching a few minutes before my patients are checked in. I have a feeling that there will be much catch up sleep in my future.

But first - my patients await!!

Valerie

No comments: