Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This time of year

My sister informed me it had been too long since I posted...and since she's half of my reading population...I guess I must oblige.

Sunday was a busy day. Church, pumpkin farm, birthday party...

We wanted to go to the pumpkin patch with our family, and after hearing great things, we ended up at Johnson Farms (way south on Holmes). It was great! Yes, it did cost, but they had animals, little mazes, a barn to play in, sand boxes to play in, and great smoked turkey legs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, and pumpkin donuts for lunch. Jason's parents came with us. We had a great time!

One of Andrew's favorite animals is horses. He loves to yell a little high pitched "Neigh" any time he sees one. I think he's looking at a little pony here. It took me a lot to get him away!




Ha ha! He's gonna' flip!! The glasses are great babe! Next time, you get to post pictures!

Picking the perfect one!



This kid was trying to grab one of my pumpkins. I very politely said, "Oh no, that one is ours." He was not happy.


Quick update: Andrew is doing great. We have been thinning out his liquids and he hasn't been choking. He's even had a few sips of water (plain) and has done fine. I really think the diet is working. We will be off the pulmicort (steroid) in a few weeks, which will only leave Singulair and Prilosec, which for now are staying.

Allison is awesome. She has been in great moods lately. As a parent, you know that you love your children regardless of how crabby they are. But, I will say, I have truly enjoyed her lately. She is getting so good at easy conversation. We can talk about things. She's eating good, sleeping good, and doing a great job of being a big girl. Love that kid!

Jason is busy as ever with work and school. There are nights we go without even seeing each other, but we remind ourselves that it's only a season. Our basement is sooo close to being finished. We are thrilled. Besides arguing over paint color (my husband is so dull...yes, I said it Jason, you are dull). I wanted something warm. Maybe a warm, buttery autumn color. Really perk up the dungeon. But no...some form of beige it will be. Gag...

I am still cooking for 100 each Wednesday night. God provides people to help each time...but it is a little stressful. Looking to Him to provide some more volunteers to cook and clean. Trying to get organized to volunteer more at the Bridge Home. That will be a whole other post. School age girls in the foster system, all living in one big house. What an amazing place to show God's love.

Love this time of year!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Great post, athankyou. God is providing, love to see those little ones growing. SO glad I will see you Saturday! love you lady

Joyce said...

Val, I'm amazed at your tenancity with fixing those meals every Wednesday and keeping up with your kiddo's not mentioning anything about YOUR JOB! Geez girl. I'm bowing to you. Love ya, Aunt Joyce