A really long story, made very short. Andrew had 4 positives from his allergy testing. Peas, quinoa, beef, and wheat. I'm disappointed with the beef and wheat, but at least we have some answers...well...sort of. These tests are very unreliable. Meaning there are false positives and false negatives. It at least gives us a place to start...which we will...as soon as we get back from Colorado next week. We're also debating eliminating milk even though it didn't show up. It makes sense on three levels. First, there is a family history of milk issues on Jason's side, second, it's a huge allergen in kids and many EE kids eliminate milk to be safe, third, with the beef protein allergy it makes sense to me to get rid of dairy.
We will re-biopsy 12 weeks after starting food elimination - so the week of Christmas (yay). He did great with his appointments, and I'm thrilled we have something to start with. I have to fight back the snarly feelings of disappointment that come with entering a gluten-free world (and dairy and beef-free). My beef farming father and wheat grinding, homemade bread making mother are less than thrilled...but we are surviving!!
We are headed to Colorado on Saturday - can't wait! Much more fun posts to come!!!
Val
3 comments:
GF is my thing. I will hook you up.
Better than a g-tube, but I agree not fun! Managable though. So many people have those allergies, so there are tons of resources available and food is well marked now. Have a great time in CO.
I can't seem to get my comment to go through. The gist of it..too bad it's not just peas, glad it's not corn, have a fun vacation.
Post a Comment