Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kara's wedding...the finale!

Wow, I'm really not doing well at getting my posts in. Here is the last of Kara's wedding pictures. Up next, 4th of July. Hope it gets posted before August!

Kara's wedding really was lovely. We were able to relax for a few hours before the ceremony because it was too hot and sunny to take the formal shots we wanted to. So, we sat in the back room and tried to keep Kara cool! Allie helped...

Outside taking a few pictures. Allie was already pictured out before the wedding even started. She did great though!
A little pre-wedding adjustment and pep talk!

Here comes the bride!!

The ceremony was great. Pastor John did a great job. He is my dad's first cousin and made a trip down to marry Kara and Matt.

The veil caused many problems with the wind...but here's the happy couple!

The reception was great. The cakes on each table were so cute!

Toasting the bride!

Cutting their gorgeous cake. A lady who used to babysit Kara and I makes cakes on the side from time to time. For only doing it on the side, Cathy did an amazing job! It was delicious too!!
And, just to show that my mom still has it...here is mom and Matt's mom dancing!


Everyone hung out until about 11pm and Matt and Kara headed out. We stayed around until midnight cleaning up. I was exhausted!!! It took forever to get all those bobby pins out of my hair. It was a great day, and Kara and Matt spent 2 weeks in Greece for their honeymoon. She said they had a great time! Mom and dad went down on Sunday to move the rest of their things to Nashville, TN. They now have a cute 3 bedroom house...which she says removes all excuses I would ever have to visit! Of course we will sometime soon. I can't wait to see where she will be spending her newlywed years.

Here's to Kara and Matt and the start of one of the greatest adventures they will ever have!!


4 comments:

katherine said...

Congrats to Kara and Matt! Allie makes a very cute flower girl. Looks like it was a beautiful (although very hot) wedding.

Katie said...

Val, the wedding looked beautiful! You look gorgeous! I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses! Looks ike it was a fun time for your family!

Katie said...

P.S. If you're ever feeling bad about being behind on your blog, just come to mine! I'm always blogging about things several months ago! Haha!

Kara said...

Katherine, it was BLOODY hot! UGH. But so great! At least it wasn't raining!