Solids:
Anything of the cracker or puff variety (we get clever with this, giving him cheese ritz sandwiches, veggie straws, yogurt whips and veggie puffs...for what it's worth).strawberries
bananas (sometimes)
peaches
pears
nutra-grain bars (prefers strawberry)
and that's it...no veggies, meats or cheeses of any kind.
Baby food:
any fruit
any vegetable
occasionally stage 3s
yogurt
That's what my son eats. You tell me how I'm supposed to be creative with that. My mom says that Allie was just as bad. But I don't remember it being quite this profound. She ate scrambled eggs, waffles, cheese (oh if he would just eat cheese). Of course, vegetables are hard for lots of kids, so I'm not too worried about that. Eventually he will reach bribing age. I still give him 1-2 bottles a day. They are mixed half strength with whole milk. And I realize that I could just go cold turkey (that's what we're supposed to do at this age), and yet, he really doesn't eat much throughout the day. I'm working on dropping the morning one, but he cries and cries and I'm too lazy to hold out.
Oh, and did I mention he doesn't drink well either? Another reason I'm keeping the bottles. He gets roughly 16 oz of formula a day. He drinks maybe 4 oz of anything else. I've gone through more sippy cups than I care to count. Finally discovered that straw cups work better, but he still prefers to throw them on the ground after a few sips.
I realize that he's not hurting for calories, and I have friends out there who's kids were way worse off. He's a sleeper (he's sleeping later in the morning and taking 3-4 hour naps), but not an eater. I guess I'll take it.
Valerie
2 comments:
That can get so frustrating Val! Charlie goes through stages where he won't eat hardly anything either! I get worried too because he's only in the 25th percentile for weight! Oh well though. You can't force them to eat! You are doing what you can do. Yay for how much he sleeps though! That's awesome!
I would take an sleeper over an eater any day. Austin isn't picky yet. Of course his options are pretty limited so he really can be too picky! His sleeping patterns are hit and miss though. Sorry that this parenting thing never gets easier...hang in there. He doesn't appear deprived by anymeans!
Tupperware cabinet...always a hit at any house. It is safe and they think they are getting away with something. The girls cleared it daily and it won't be long before Austin will be doing it too.
Post a Comment