We're all doing well. Jason's parents are in town. It's Debbie's spring break, so they headed this way to visit and help us with Allie so we could get some things accomplished. I had my doctor's appt. to day and found out that I had passed my glucose tolerance test. It wasn't even close. I am clearly not a diabetic this time around. In some ways I'm sad. I know I don't have the will power to eat healthy on my own...especially right now. So, I'm nervous about how much more weight I'm going to gain. Also, Jason confessed to me last night that if I were to be a diabetic he was going to match me carb for carb until the baby came. For those of you who know my husband...total carb junkie!! After he said he would do it he began running through the list of things he could no longer have. He was still willing, but you could definitely tell he was second guessing himself! Well, no worries, he's safe...I am not a diabetic!!
Allie is doing well. She appears very healthy! We have a doctor's appointment next week with her pediatrician to look at her ears again. On a happy note, she has been using the potty lately. She goes 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes it is prompted by us, and sometimes she says she wants to go. It's still not consistent, and I'm in a little bit of denial that we are actually "potty training." I know this counts as starting, but I feel like if I took her every hour it would be more like parent training and not potty training, and I don't think she's quite ready to tell me every time she has to go. And I definitely know we're not ready for pooping in the potty...that's difficult enough in our diaper lately!
So, we're plugging along. Only 6 more weeks of clinical and I'm done (for the most part)!
Here's to hoping for a great week!
Valerie
1 comment:
Glad Allie's well and your glucose results were good! Praises!
Post a Comment