Here's the problem with pictures. I use our new Mac all the time now, but have not figured out how to upload pictures to it yet, so I always post on the Mac with no way to post a pic. I did want you all to know that at sometime in the near future I will post some great pics of Allie along with a video of her doing CPR on Jason. It does sound a little morbid (thanks uncle Mark for teaching her this skill!), but when you see it, you will crack up! So, stay tuned.
As for everything else. A week and a half left of school!! Then a well-deserved break and one more semester. As for the pregnancy, 13 weeks and counting. I feel fine, definitely larger that your average 13 weeker, but hey, what can you do. I failed a 1 hour glucose test at 11 weeks and took my 3 hour on Friday. This may or may not mean that I'm headed towards becoming a type 2 diabetic. I will push to be retested after this baby is born so that I know hormones are not affecting the results. I hope I passed it. My one hour value was less than it was when I had Allie, so it's possible I passed the 3 hour, I just won't know until sometime this week. I was hoping today, but maybe tomorrow. I've been trying to follow the diabetic diet already, although I am indulging a little, and despite what the test shows, I will try to enjoy my eating over Thanksgiving.
We are headed to the farm Wednesday night and stay through the weekend. Jason is going to try and get off work early Wednesday and maybe we'll put our tree up. Otherwise, knowing how I've been lately, who knows when it will happen!!
Allie has been really great lately. She is talking so much more and saying such funny little things. Last night I said "are you a big girl?" She said yes, and "mommy's a big girl too." I said yes, then she said, "and daddy's a big girl too!" It was super funny. Jason only shook his head and smiled...she hasn't quite got the concept of gender!! She has a wicked sense of humor already and we can tell that she is going to be quite the little devious child. She tries to joke with you when she's in trouble and make you laugh to save herself from a well-deserved spanking!
I'll try to pick up 4 or 5 extra shifts over the break. Allie will still be in day care 2 days a week, and it would be good for our bank account for me to earn a little more money. Working one day a week has been great, but it does stretch us some. Plus, I'll be excited to actually work a day during the week and see all the people I haven't worked with in a while. I love the weekend crew...but I miss some of my other friends!!
Well, better go. Allie went down for a late nap (after 2pm) and I need to get her up so she'll sleep tonight. I may or may not post until after Thanksgiving, so I hope you all have a blessed time with family. Eat lots of sugar and think of me enjoying my veggie tray!!
~V~
1 comment:
Hmmm...little bigger than the average 14 weeker??? You DO know what you're genetically inclined towards, don't you??? Hmmm?????
Post a Comment