Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary

So, for our 6th anniversary this year, Jason and I were supposed to go to Wichita and stay at a hotel while Allison stayed with my mom and dad overnight. We went down Friday afternoon and hung out with the family. Allison was a little crabby, but nothing out of the ordinary for a girl who is screwed up on her schedule. That night, however, she started running a temperature and wouldn't sleep in the crib. I had to hold her in my arms all night to get her to sleep. By this morning, she was very crabby, and her fever was higher. She had also developed a rash all over her body which is more than likely from some viral illness. She stopped eating, and became inconsolable. So, much to our disappointment, we packed her up and headed home. My first concern is her, however, it was sad that Jason and I didn't get our much deserved weekend together. Her temp got as high as 103.4 and she hasn't had a bottle since 12:00 this afternoon. She will eat a few bites of fruit and sip a little pedialyte, but that is it. Right now we are trying to get her to go to sleep and she is just screaming. I am taking a break while Jason takes a turn. I pray that this night goes better than last night, but so far, not so good.
Pray that she is better by tomorrow. I would feel better if she would just eat a bottle. Just six ounces Allison, that's all I ask!!
Valerie

3 comments:

Alli Jean said...

Oh, sick babies are not fun! I hope you get a rain-check on that anniversary celebration!

Valerie said...

Yeah, I think we'll try again over Labor Day weekend. We'll see.

Kara said...

How is she today? Better I hope. I finished Harry Potter!!!!