A week before Isaac officially turned one, we had a birthday party for him. Just family and one close family friend.
For whatever reason, we decided on a fish party. Fishing cupcakes and a jello fish bowl. We had a good time eating and celebrating. Isaac was rather oblivious to the reason behind the gathering.
Happy birthday boy!
In keeping the Froelich tradition, Isaac was completely indifferent to his cupcake. I'm not sure what is inborn in my children that makes them so finicky with new foods, but he picked and licked a bit and in the end, was non-plussed.
Allison and Andrew even tried to coax him into eating it. Nope...
"Mom, I want to get down!!"
A few days later he was officially one!! Very impromptu photo shoot. I believe I got every month except 11 recorded. Not too shabby considering I didn't do any months with my other kids!!
Isaac started walking about a week after he turned one. Sooner than my other kids. He is not, however, talking yet. This is a cause for concern for Jason and I. Part of me knows that most likely he will be just fine, but the other part of me is worried that at one year, he rarely says any more than three words, and even those are inconsistent. Our other two talked a ton at their first year...only time will tell.
He is a very stubborn, energetic boy. There's the Froelich we know!! He has hit a different gear. More opinionated, pickier, and doesn't sleep quite as much. He sleeps all night, but he may be my first non-napper.
He is a joy and we are privileged to be his parents. I'm looking forward to our future!







No comments:
Post a Comment