Isaac turned 7 months about 10 days ago (I'm really on top of it). This was an interesting month. A few days after he turned 6 months, I visited my sister in Nashville and we decided I would stop nursing (there are a few reasons). A few days before I left, Isaac decided to stop eating. Completely. The day I left, he went 12 hours without eating. The next day, he went two 6 hour stretches. The last two days I was gone, he finally ate, but it was under duress. I realize he has a lot of chub on him, but it was starting to worry me. I even tried to nurse him again when I got home, but that wasn't working either. So...we gutted it out. He now eats bottles like a pro (as long as he's hungry) and is nearly sleeping through the night. He wakes up once between 4-5 am and has even made it all the way to 7:30 a couple times.
He really wants to move! He's rolling everywhere, but still no crawling. His disposition is still quite pleasant. He smiles at everyone (usually) and is a snuggler. Oh, and he LOVES his mommy!
We've been trying solid foods. For the first few times it was like I was trying to kill him. He would turn his head to the side and wouldn't let me even put the spoon in his mouth. I gave it a month off, and now I can get him to eat about 1/2 a can of baby food, but usually only the fruits (which makes sense - the vegetables are gross!) He also loves to feed himself. The puffs, yogurt bites, and baby mum mums. I have a feeling he won't really eat well until he can do it on his own. He still isn't developmentally able to handle table food yet, so we'll just try it here and there.
I'm still a tired momma'. I thought once he started sleeping more I would feel more rested, but I think the mental exhaustion from parenting three kids in different developmental stages is enough to wear me out!
Isaac is a joy and Jason and I joke that we're glad we have him because he isn't old enough to disobey yet and the other two are straight up naughty half the time. We say, "At least we have one kid that doesn't disobey!" Yet...I know it's coming!

No comments:
Post a Comment