Friday, October 7, 2011

Obsession

For those of you unfamiliar with Pinterest...well...maybe it should stay that way. Long story short, it's an online database for storing ideas from fashion, to art, to cooking, to DIY projects. I wouldn't say I'm truly obsessed (ok, maybe a little), but it has been fun to find ideas on the web and try them out a home. Here are a few things I have tackled over the last few weeks that were inspired by things I found on Pinterest.

Made these today. Take mason jars, cover them in modge podge, then wrap them with strips of white streamers. Attach googley eyes, fill bottom with a little sand and insert tea light. Voila! Mummy candles. Cute!


I did this yesterday during nap time. Wrapped a box canvas with blue felt, cut everything else out of felt and hot glued it on. I used some printed fabric I liked, and embroidered the wings on as well as the stitching on the leaves. I'm hanging it in the baby's room and I'm contemplating making another one with navy background, a sleeping owl and a crescent moon. It can hang on the opposite wall. Since, you know, owls are truly nocturnal.

Isn't he cute?!! Jason wouldn't say so, but I'm pretty sure he was in love with the little guy. Well, probably not, but he's got no sense of what's cute :)


Burp clothes and bibs. I know that lots of people can make these, but I never have. I found a pattern for the bibs on Pinterest. They are backed with terry cloth, and are really easy to make. Each one only took 10-15 minutes once I got the hang of it. These I made for a friend of mine who is due right before me. I scored me a set that another girl at work made that are also adorable. Love these burp clothes. Use them all the time!

One last Pinterest inspiration. Take green lentils, red kidney beans and popcorn. Layer and add a candle. Perfect fall decoration :) All it needs is a little twine bow at the top, but I didn't have any. I'll add that another time.


No comments: