Friday, January 29, 2010

Undeniable uniqueness...

Anyone who has talked with me lately has heard about how my daughter is stretching my patience. She is pushing boundaries and testing limits. She is asserting herself and for that I am glad, and yet so very weary at times.

But there are so many ways in which my daughter is undeniably unique. I thought I would take a time-out to share with you, and remind myself, why I love her so much.

1. She loves to dip things in sour cream. Tonight at dinner, she took her spoon and ate an entire bite of it. When I told her not to do that anymore, she asked if she could at least lick the sides of her spoon.

2. She likes to tell me what to tell her brother. "Mom, say 'brother, your sister is doing the dishes.'"

3. She hasn't taken a pacifier since she was 8 months, but she has chewed on the same blanket ever since. She will ask, "mom, can I put my blankies in my mouth." She is only allowed to chew on them at nap time and night time.

4. Allison loves to "cook" with mom. It usually requires some sort of pasta, some oatmeal, water, and as many spices as I can part with...and it always makes a mess.

5. She loves to do "art projects." This includes a piece of constuction paper, lots of glue, and little jewels and felt balls. No matter how many pieces I give her, it's never quite enough!

6. When I tell her I'm dropping her off somewhere, she will say, "mom, you always pick me up. You pick me up at the gym, you pick me up at church, and you pick me up at preschool!"

7. She loves to watch old Chip and Dale cartoons on YouTube. There's actually playlists already made, and she has her favorites all picked out.

8. She loves raisin bran, and eats it nearly every morning. But only if it is soaked in milk for a period of time so it gets mushy. She'll say, "mom, crunch up my cereal."

9. She loves to growl like a tiger. Sometimes she does it when she doesn't like what I've just told her. Kind of like she's stamping her feet.

10. When she plays hide and seek, she likes to talk to us. We'll say, "where's Allie?" And she'll answer, "I'm under the table."

Love that girl.

Val

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a doll!!! Love hearing these sweet things about her. You are great Mommy my friend!!! Love yall!

Kara said...

Cute :) She's going to have a great head on that shoulders, she already does, you're doing so well! Love you

Sarah Guild said...

So much fun! Thanks for sharing. Jonathan and Allie should play "hide and seek" together as I think their style is much the same :+)