I really didn't take many pictures on the farm. Not sure why, it just turned out that way. We had a great time New Year's Eve. My parents had bought a pool/ping pong table, dart board, and we brought our Wii. So, we hunkered down in the basement and had a ball. Of course, by the time it hit midnight, we were all ready for bed!!
The next day was our Christmas. Course, on the farm there are chores to be done and the boys don't get in 'til 10 or so. They showered up, we ate a big brunch and then opened presents.
Allison got ahold of the camera and took a few good ones.
Papa and Harrison
Me. She told me to hold up the gift card I just got so she could get it in the photo. Then said, "that looks good, Mom."
The next day, my parent's, three sisters, and most of their children all met at mom and dad's house for a big ham dinner. Great food and great company!! My aunt Alice took this of us. Yes, Andrew is grabbing my necklace, Allison refused to smile, my face looks quite large and flushed (it was hot in there)...but it's one of the only family pics we have!! She did the best with what she had!!
Mom and Dad had baby duty. Mom had Harrison and Dad was blessed with Andrew, who proceeded to puke about 5 times on dad's legs, arms, shirt...whatever. Didn't phase Dad. I swear he didn't even notice half the time.
Andrew is bound and determined to get Heath, who looks like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar!
I hope these boys are great friends someday!
We had a great, but exhausting visit. We are back to reality and it's taking us a while to get our feet under ourselves. The house remained trashed for quite some time. My mom came up today and helped me deep clean the bathrooms, vacuum, scrub the kitchen floor...and anything else that needed to be done. We got our washer and dryer, and it is so nice to be able to do some loads. I have done about 6 loads in the last 2 days...just because I can!
Work is going well. I'm pretty much on my own, but asking lots of questions. Andrew isn't sleeping through the night yet, so I still try to take naps whenever I get the chance. Allie is doing great being back at preschool. She missed a lot of her friends.
We have one more post coming shortly, then I think we will be caught up!!
Valerie


No comments:
Post a Comment