Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas...not all I had wished for!

This will be just an update. I will get pictures loaded when I get a chance.

For those of you who did not catch the update on facebook...we had a less than ideal trip out here. Through various means, we were almost late to our flight. The worst part was that Jason had left his phone at home, and although he had a perfectly good explanation for being late, I didn't know what it was, and spent an hour waiting for him to come get me at work, worrying and getting angry. Well, by the grace of God, we made it on time to the flight. Allie was excited, and so were we. As we waited in line to board, we realized that we were waiting in the wrong line and that our flight was 1 1/2 hours delayed. Nice. So, we hunkered down with some snacks and waited. Allie and Andrew did very well, but I started to not feel so good. I tried to eat something and just chalked it up to not eating dinner.

Well, about halfway through the flight to Denver, I knew I wasn't going to make it. As the plane was beginning it's descent, I asked the flight attendant for a big bag. Barfing on a plane is no fun, let me tell you. But luckily, it was a really light flight and no one noticed. We made it off the plan and through the very long Denver airport. I crashed in the back of Jason's parent's van and we drove the 15 minutes to Dave's house (Jason's uncle). The second I set foot inside I needed my bed, and the bathroom. I spent the next 8 hours praying to the porcelain god. About 2am, Allie started the same thing, and Andrew started his ritualistic waking up and needing his pacifier. I couldn't move...if I did, I would lose it. Consequently, Jason got about zero sleep and had to take care of all of us.

The next day seemed to be a turning point. Allie and I were able to eat a little and I took a good nap and go a good night's rest. Christmas eve we opened presents and I started cooking. I had already made cinnamon rolls, and I started in on the pies. I ate a big lunch...bad idea. Total relapse. I spent the next 3 hours in bed, up for only an hour, and was back in bed by 7:30pm. Unfortunately, that meant skiing was out. It's a good thing I decided not to go. Andrew woke up at midnight and was up every 30 min to an hour and couldn't breathe because his nose was so stuffed up. That meant that he couldn't suck on his pacifier either. I finally went downstairs on the couch with him. At 3:30am, Allie started crying in bed, saying her tummy hurt. We all ended up trying to crash together on the sectional downstairs. Dana and Debbie helped get us situated and we all slept from about 5am to about 6:30. Needless to say, I am exhausted. And although it is Christmas, I'm not exactly in the spirit. The boys are out skiing and I hope they have a good time. We are hunkered down here for the day and hoping that we all feel better. I think cartoons and movies are in order.

I will post some pictures from our Christmas day. The kids made out like bandits. We didn't do too bad ourselves :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

katherine said...

Merry Christmas to you. Hope it got better! I agree that throwing up on a plane is not fun. Morning sickness means I've had a lot of experience with these sorts of things and a plane is about the worst place to feel sick in my opinion.