Sunday, March 3, 2013

Highlights of the last few months

So I don't really want to hear about how bad I've been about updating this blog. There was a time I thought that I'd never go nearly 3 months without posting. Oops...

I'll give a run down of what we've been up to. 'Cause it's been nuts...

Christmas time...
 Andrew had his Christmas party at preschool. Man that kid loves to put on a show! 
He is truly more interested in singing, dancing and telling stories than anything else!

His preschool friends meeting Santa. Andrew is always off to the side watching. As much as he loves to be loud and have a good time, he's not that interested in being in the middle of a huddle.

 This is the first snow we had all winter. I sent the kids out thinking they would love it. Allison had a good time...Andrew, not so much. They look cute though :)

 One of our many trips to the farm. This was Christmas, and Allison is loving holding her 
little cousin Audrey. 

 Andrew and Heath chilling. These boys are good friends, but don't always play like it. 
Maybe it's the fact that they both have older siblings telling them what to do all the time and they feel the need to exert their own will. Definitely some occasional arguing!

 Grammy's hair has finally grown back, but it's certainly more gray. I think she looks great. In my next post I'll put up a more updated one. It looks nice!

 Kara and Matt brought their dog, Toffee. Such a sweetheart! The most mello dog you have ever met. 
The kids laid all over her and she really didn't mind.

 Well, until Isaac got ahold of her. Man, that kid would NOT leave her alone!
 Look at that pathetic face!

 Isaac loves Audrey. This is a squishy smile, not a frown :)

In Colorado Springs...

 Visited with Jason's family at Mark's house in Colorado Springs over the New Year.
Micky and Minnie were a big hit!!

This is what Andrew did immediately after opening Micky!

 Allison got a checker/chess board and Andrew decided it needed some animals. HA!

 All that family time is exhausting !

Christmas was a little hard this year. Lots of traveling with me also starting a new job in the middle of it. The kids did great, but we were all run down and lots of people were sick in Colorado. Loved being with family, but we definitely needed a break!

More family...
 Cousin Harrison's birthday party! Welcome to #6 buddy!

 Ben and Leah welcomed little Hadden in January. What a sweet little face!

 Allison holding Hadden. She loves babies!

 This also happened recently. Allison loves to ride her bike now. You can't stop her! We got her a big bike for her birthday, but it's a bit too big. We are borrowing cousin Harrison's bike for now, and it fits just right!

 Love, love, love this boy's big brown eyes!

 And this little monster...man alive. He is trouble!

 Allison had a Valentine's Day party at school. Lots of sugar!

 Mrs. Albers class!

Took the kids to see the Chinese New Year celebration at the Nelson Atkins Museum. 
It was neat to see it all, but hard to wrangle three kids and ensure they have a good time. 

 The Chinese Lion dance. 

 Painting scrolls.




That takes us through January. In the midst of all of this, I have been working 3 days a week. It's been rough, and I haven't had a lot of time for anything but the essentials. But, we've been doing fine, and everyone has been relatively healthy - minus one throwing up incident and a couple ear infections for Isaac. Other than that, life is full, and we are happy. More to come in the next few days...if I can remember :)

No comments: