My little sister, Kara, is getting married in June. (yay!) One of my tasks, as matron of honor, was to help her figure out wedding invitations. I got online and looked around. I was very disappointed with how expensive they were. I decided that I would make them myself. I had a lot of help planning them from my friend Katie and my neighbor, Beth. I purchased enough paper, vellum and brads to make 30 shower invitations, 80 thank you cards, 150 weddings invitations, RSVP cards, informational inserts, and programs for the wedding. Her wedding colors are orange, coral, and aqua. So pretty!
I thought the invitations turned out pretty good! I printed on the paper and overlayed vellum on top with the cut out paper and vellum flowers attached with a silver brad.
I didn't take any pictures of the RSVP cards or inserts. The RSVP cards are printed on white cardstock with a blue/aqua/teal flower stamp. The inserts are printed in aqua cardstock. That way I could have the orange and coral on the invitation and the accent colors have aqua.

The thank you notes were embossed with clear and silver embossing power. I must say, embossing is my new favorite pastime!!

The shower invitations were just printed on white cardstock and attached to pre-cut cards with a different paper flower attached with a black brad.
Kara had her second wedding shower this weekend on the farm. (I'll fill you in about our adventurous trip down there another time!) Leah and I hosted a Pampered Chef shower. Leah's sister, Olivia Good, is a Pampered Chef consultant. Kara even got to make a registry on-line.
Everyone brought recipes for Kara. Mom put together a recipe box with a bunch of her favorites. Such a great thing for newlyweds!
Kara - tongue out - helping Olivia put together a three cheese and veggie pizza. It was sooo good! A friend is helping Olivia make a microwavable chocolate cake. Ummm...delicious!
The three cheese and veggie pizza (again, delightful) and the microwavable chocolate cake. It's just a box cake (made as directed) with an entire can of chocolate frosting scooped onto the top then microwaved for 10 minutes. It's light, fluffy and sitting in a pool of fudgy goodness. I think I had three pieces!!
It was a fun weekend and I'm so excited for the whole wedding to come together. I don't remember my wedding being so much work, but that's probably because I had everyone else doing it for me!! Ha!! Now that I'm on the other side it's my turn to put my time in!!
Love you Kara!!
Valerie
2 comments:
YAY! The shower was so great! I'm eternally in debt to you (duh!) I'm drooling over those delightful goodies we had! I got almost everything we cooked with! The invites and thank yous are PERFECT. I LOVE YOU!
The invitations are so cute, Val! Great job! You should go into business!
Post a Comment